Thursday, November 12, 2009

While I am away: Truffle Butter

I am at my family's house watching my 2 year old nephew, so I will be somewhat out of commission for a few days.  He has a lot of energy!

I was surprised today to find out he loves my Uncle Sam's cereal!  He is starting out on the right foot!

Here is a Truffle Butter recipe that is an excellent way to give your vegetables (or eggs) a kick!

Truffle butter

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoon truffle oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Using a spoon, mix butter with respective ingredients. Roll each into a log shape and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours, then soften to room temperature before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Turns out my husband loves Uncle Sams too. Im going to have to buy those little boxes in bulk I guess!

    ReplyDelete