Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Margarita Pizza

Today I made a pizza from one of my favorite flat bread wraps.

My friend, Maria (Hi Maria. Miss you!), introduced me to these a few years ago.  They are delicious and have 7 grams of fiber in 1!  I got this package at CostCo.




The pizza has an S/C Value of 3/1.


Margarita Pizza
Serves 1

1 Roll-Up Flat bread
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1+ tsp. italian seasonings (I used a Tuscan blend that had garlic, pepper, rosemary, onions, chilies, basil, and sea salt.  However, you can use any blend of spices that you like.  Just add them to taste).
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 basil leaf, cut into thin strips
three very thin slices of a small tomato, cut into halves

In a 450 degree toaster oven, heat the flat bread until slightly hard.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine olive oil and spices.  Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the spices.

When the flat bread is crisp, brush the olive oil on the crust and top with mozzarella cheese, then tomato slices, and the basil.  Return to toaster oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted.

Cut and serve.  Enjoy



1 comment:

  1. They look perfect! I always wonder why Jorge doesnt mention making pizza with olive oil or pesto instead. That is how I prefer them! Thanks again for all the great recipes! Amber

    ReplyDelete