Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash

 Here is a great recipe for Thanksgiving.  I used to love my mom's sugary sweet potato casserole, but this is a way better option and is just as delicious.




The S/C Value for a 1/2 cup serving is 2/1 (13 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber).

Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
Serves 4

1.5 lbs of butternut squash, cut into chunks (I used already peeled and sliced chunks that I got from Whole Foods)
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. xylitol (or a pinch of stevia)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a bowl, toss squash, butter, xylitol, cinnamon and salt.  Toss to coat.

Spread squash evenly on a rimmed baking sheet (covered with foil for easy clean up).

Roast for 25 minutes, or until the squash is tender.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, although I really like cinnamon so will probably double it, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great with more cinnamon! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete