Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sweet Tea Vodka

UPDATE: Someone pointed out an article that said that the makers add sugar to the vodka.  I guess it is ok in moderation, but it is prob not the best for the belly fat cure.  Sorry for the incorrect information.  There is a lot of mixed information on the internet.  Who knew ;-)


I was at a local restaurant this weekend, and it occurred to me as I ordered my favorite new drink that not everyone yet knows about Sweet Tea Vodka.  When I asked for a Sweet Tea Vodka and Water, the server had no idea what I was talking about.  At this moment, I thought it would be a good idea to dedicate a post on the blog to enlighten anyone reading this who may not have tried this fabulous concoction yet.

For people 21 and over, Sweet Tea Vodka is a delicious brew of premium vodka that has been soaking in sweeten tea leaves.  Somehow, by some miracle, the vodka ends up tasting exactly like southern style sweet tea minus any carbs or any sugar.  It is drinkable on its own, but I think it is best when mixed with water, actual unsweetened ice tea, or even lemonade.

I like to add 1 1/2 ounces to a glass of ice and fill the rest of the glass with water.  It tastes just like the sweet tea that is served in South Carolina!  And the S/C Value is 0/0!  It has become a favorite drink of mine because you get that sweet taste without the hidden sugars found in a lot of beverage mixers, such as soda, tonic, or juice.

One thing to note- because the vodka tastes so delicious, you have to be careful of how much you are drinking.  It would be very easy to lose track of how many drinks you have had and wake up with a horrible hangover!

5 comments:

  1. I tried this last night. Whoa. It's good for sure. But it's so sweet! I've been looking it up online, but found nothing. Don't you think they put sugar in this? How could it be so sweet?

    Great blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the nutritional info on the daily plate.
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/firefly/sweet-tea-vodka.

    It says no sugar or carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I understand right that I put a tea bag (like Lipton) into some Vodka???? I think I need it spelled out for me as I am losing brain power these days....

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate to break it to you, but it does have sugar in it to give it the sweet taste. DailyPlate doesn't know everything.

    "It's created by adding a tea concentrate, sweetened with cane sugar, to the alcohol."

    www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/firefly-vodka-gets-iced-tea-all-liquored-up/

    Not that it's still not fine to enjoy in moderation on occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it on other websites too! What a bummer!!

    Oh well. I guess once in awhile isn't too bad.

    Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete