Monday, November 2, 2009

Cinnamon Vanilla Stuffed French Toast

I made this today for breakfast.  I was in the mood for french toast, and wanted to try making it with whole grain flourless bread. 

The bread is tasty but a bit dry, so I tried to add some moisture by stuffing the french toast with some cinnamon cream cheese filling.

I diluted some sugar free maple syrup with water so I could have the maple flavor without having to count the syrup as one of my carb choices for today.

As prepared, this French Toast has an S/C value of 0/2. 


Cinnamon Vanilla Stuffed French Toast
serves 1

French Toast
2 slices (thawed if Frozen)  Ezekiel 100% Whole Grain Flourless Bread 
1 egg, beaten
1 packet of Truvia or equivilent sugarfree sweetener
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. water

Filling
2 Tbsp. Whipped Cream Cheese
sprinkle of cinnamon, to taste
1/2 packet of truvia
1 tsp. heavy cream

Topping-
1 tsp. Sugar Free Syrup (I use Joseph's Maple Syrup)
1 tsp. water

In a shallow, wide container (I used a square zip lock plastic lunch container), combine egg, 1 packet of Truvia, vanilla, 1 Tbsp cream, and water. Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. Whipped Cream Cheese, Cinnamon, 1/2 packet of Truvia, and 1 tsp. heavy cream.  Blend together.

Spread cream cheese mixture over bread and sandwhich the two pieces together.  Soak sandwich in egg batter, turning and coating each side of the bread until most of the egg mixture is absorbed.

In a small frying pan, heat a small amount of butter over medium heat.  Add french toast sandwich and cook until brown on both sides.

Remove the french toast from the pan and set aside.  In a small bowl or cup, combine 1 tsp of sugar free syrup and 1 tsp of water.  Stir until combined.  Spread mixture over french toast and serve.

Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. Wow! French toast with a 0/2 value. Incredible! Thanks for posting all your concoctions; you have some really good ideas and I hope to try some soon! I'm on the BFC and saw your link on week 3. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recipe this morning. It was fabulous!!! I used Sara Lee whole wheat bread with 2 slices at 19g carbs and 5g fiber it brought the carbs down to 1 serving. I recommend this recipe for everyone - it tastes so decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try the Sara Lee bread! 1 carb serving sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds oh-SO good--I can't wait to try! I did buy that Ezekial Flourless Bread and made a toasted cheese sandwich with lots of butter, but it was so dry tasting that it was hard to enjoy and even harder to finish eating.

    Thanks Candice for all your hard work and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found Nature's Own DOUBLE FIBER Wheat Bread at Kroger. Each slice has 5 fiber!! Sugars are less than 1 and total carbs are 13g! Best of all, it actually tastes good straight from the package. Those Ezekial breads are pretty disgusting on their own.

    Thanks again Candice for ALL your super recipes!

    ReplyDelete