Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies- Attempt 1

Tonight I decided to try some some sugar-free, whole wheat chocolate chip...

While I cannot say they turned out horribly, they definitly leave a lot to be desired. 

The cookie dough, however, tasted pretty good actually!  I decided to scrap baking the other 1/2 of the dough, and I will use it for my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream that I am going to make next week.  I threw it in the freezer until then.

In this attempt at creating the perfect cookie, I used a mix of xylitol and stevia in the cookies.  I think maybe I needed to use some more xylitol to reach the right sweetness. 
I also used 100% white whole wheat flour also.  This could have been a problem.  I have read a lot of recipes saying that you should never use 100% whole wheat flour in cookies, but I based the recipe off of the recipe that I found on the bag of white whole wheat flour. 

Next time I am going to use more sweetener and use 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 regular flour.

I will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment