Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Salmon with White Wine and Chives

I made this recipe for dinner on Monday night.  It turned out fantastically!

The salmon dish has a S/C value of 0/0!  I served the salmon with steamed broccoli (2/0 for a whole cup) and a serving of Cascadian Farms Straight Cut French Fries (I found them at Whole Foods).  I was amazed that 18 fries had a S/C value of only 1/1!!  It was a delicious and filling meal!  I dipped the fries in the wine sauce from the salmon, and it reminded me of moules frites (mussels with fries) from one of my favorite restaurants.

Salmon with White Wine and Chives (serves 2)

1 lb Alaskan Salmon (any fresh caught salmon would work)
salt, to taste (I used pink Himalayan salt)
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp unbleached white flour (I used King Arthur brand)
1 cup of dry white wine (I used 1492 Chardonnay/Viogneir/Chenin blend)
1 1/2 tbsp chopped chives

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Season salmon with salt, to taste.  Place on a baking sheet (with foil for easy clean up) and roast for 12-15 minutes, or until salmon is opaque in the middle.

While the salmon is cooking, melt butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in flour, then add wine.  Bring the wine mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.   Let wine mixture simmer until it thickens, about 10 or so minutes.
Stir in chives and a pinch of salt.
 Serve over the salmon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment