Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Quick Dose of Buffalo Chicken Dip

Today I was really craving Buffalo Chicken Dip.  For those of you who have not had this delicious party food, it is a creamy and spicy dip that tastes like buffalo chicken wings.  It has become an obsession for some of my friends, and we make it for every party!

Buffalo Chicken Dip is a wonderful mix of chicken, ranch dressing, cream cheese, and hot sauce.  It is excellent when paired with tortilla chips and celery.

I mixed up a single serving version to satisfy my cravings.  Based on the brands used below, one serving of the dip alone has an S/C value of 2/0 (1.5 grams of sugar and 2 grams of carbs). See below for a list of delicious dippers and their S/C values.


Single Serving Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 Tbsp of full fat cream cheese, softened (I used Philadelphia brand)
1 Tbsp of ranch dressing (I used organic Hidden Valley Ranch)
1 1/2 tsp of Frank's Red Hot (more or less can be used, depending on taste)
Chicken chunks, shredded  (I used  about one heaping tbsp size scoop of Valley Fresh 100% Natural white meat canned chicken) 

In a small  microwave safe bowl, smash cream cheese with a fork.  Add ranch and hot sauce and stir to combine.  Flake chicken with a fork and add to cream cheese mixture.  Combine.  Microwave for 5-10 second intervals, stirring after each, until the dip is  hot, soft and creamy.

Enjoy with any of the following:

Tortilla Chips- I used about 1 ounce of  Tostito's brand Scoops for an S/C value of 0/1. You may be able to find a better option.  This is just what I had at my house. (The total S/C value for the dip and chips would be 2/1.)
Celery- A whole stalk only has an S/C value of 1/0! (The S/C value of the dip and celery would be 3/0)

No comments:

Post a Comment