Friday, October 30, 2009

Not so Crazy Mocha

Back in Pittsburgh, there is an awesome coffee shop called Crazy Mocha.  I was lucky enough (or unlucky enough healthwise) to have one on the first floor of my office building.

Crazy Mocha's signature drink used to be The Crazy Mocha, a sweet, creamy, heavenly blend of coffee, ice, ice cream, and chocolate.  Last time I was there, they stopped serving ice cream and no longer had the Crazy Mocha.

I re-created this drink this morning for breakfast, but took out the sugar and added some protein and a little fiber.  I used a small scoop of my Chocolate Ice Cream that I made last night (maybe a 1/4 cup) to give it the rich chocolatey taste.  You could use up to 1/2 c of the ice cream for an S/C Value of 0/1.

Not-So-Crazy Mocha
1/2 c. ice
1/2 c. cold coffee
1/2 scoop of Jay Robb's vanilla protein powder (this is the best kind I have ever had and is all natural)
1 small scoop of Sugar Free Chocolate Ice Cream (see below)
2 tsp. Benefiber

Blend everything together until smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment