Friday, October 30, 2009

New to Me: So Delicious Coconut Milk

I love dairy products and have been looking for a low sugar alternative to dairy (other than drinking straight cream which I am sure cannot be good for me).  A lot of people have suggested Almond Milk as a substitute.  I am deathly allergic to nuts, so that would not work out so well for me.

Someone suggested So Delicious Coconut Milk during the first week of our online meeting.  I went to Whole Foods later that week and bought it.  You can find it in the refrigerator section near the sugar-filled milk.  The unsweetened kind only has 1 gram of carbs and 0 grams of sugar in 1 cup and tastes a lot like real milk.  My husband said it reminded him of skim milk, but tasted pretty good!  The coconut taste is very very slight and may not be noticed if you did not know what it was.

This morning I had it on my cereal and it was great subsitute to regular milk.

I am going to try to make yogurt out of it next week! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Good Belly Swap! Ive been doing the Unsweetened Almond Milk but dont love it, just tolerate it! Thanks!

    Im reviewing a bunch of Belly Fat Cure products this week too! http://meandjorge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete