Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Roasted Fennel

I have taken the opportunity to expand my veggie horizons while on the Belly Fat Cure program.

Fennel is a vegetable that I tried just recently.  I always held back because I was afraid that I would not like the anise like taste.  However, I am pleased to report that the flavor is mild and delicious. The S/C value for the Roasted Fennel is 0/1.

Roasted Fennel (serves about 1)

1 bulb of Fennel (trim off the green stalks)
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Juice from a 1/2 a lemon

Preheat oven to 375.  Cut fennel bulb in half, remove the inside core, and slice the fennel into thin strips.  Place fennel on a baking sheet covered with foil .  Generously brush olive oil on the fennel.  Sprinke with salt and pepper.  Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon all over the fennel strips.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Flip the fennel, and bake for another 10 minutes or until soft and golden brown.

Serve as is, or sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment