Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Old Bay Sauteed Shrimp

Last week, I was really craving Old Bay.  I love the seasoning, and I use the low sodium version as a seasoning on my popcorn all the time.

I wanted to make Old Bay Shrimp, but I did not feel like having the mess associated with peeling and eating steamed shrimp.  I found another way to make the shrimp and still get that great Old Bay flavor.

The Old Bay Sauteed Shrimp has an S/C Value of 0/0.  I served the shrimp with a boiled Artichoke (S/C Value of 1/1) dipped in a French Vinaigrette Dressing (Brianna's Homestyle Brand is a S/C value of 0/0). This would also be great with some roasted fingerling potatoes (S/C Value of 0/1 for half a cup). 

Old Bay Sauteed Shrimp 

 Serves 2-3

1 1/2 lb shrimp (I used large USA caught shrimp)
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning, original
1 tbsp unsalted butter

Peel and devein shrimp, if necessary.  Pat the shrimp dry and put them in a resealable bag.  Add Old Bay and shake to coat the shrimp.

In large skillet, melt butter on medium-high heat.  Cook shrimp for about 2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp turn pink, curl up slightly, and are cooked through

Serve while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment