Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas

This recipe is the one meal that my husband knows how to cook.  It is really tasty and really easy. Lining the pan with foil makes clean up very easy!

I am amazed at how tender and moist the chicken stays without adding any additional fat or oil.

This meal is great for those on the BFC with family members who are not.  You can serve the fajitas with whole grain, corn or regular flour tortillas.

The S/C Value as I prepared it for me was 2/2.  This included 3 corn tortillas and a little bit of sour cream and salsa.  

Chicken Fajitas
serves 4

1 lb of chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 packet of Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning
1/2 white onion, sliced thinly
2 peppers (we used one red and one orange), sliced thinly
corn, flour, or whole grain tortillas

 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, peppers, and seasoning packet. Toss to coat.

Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chicken mixture on the foil.  Cover the chicken with another layer of foil.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, cheese, etc.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I need to try this! I have the chicken tacos all the time with the La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Tortillas. There are my favorite. They are really high in fiber too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are delicious - thanks for the recipe! I've lost 15 lbs on the BFC diet so far and am just getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought all the ingrediants to make this before our big snow yesterday into today. 27-30 inches in some areas. The peppers were a very good buy $1.00 a piece for red, yellow, and orange.
    I plan to make them tomorrow for dinner,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very, very, very yummy! I made them last night for dinner - they were so good, I brought one for lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad everyone has enjoyed the recipe! I will pass it along to my husband! This is his meal that he makes!

    ReplyDelete