Monday, January 11, 2010

BFC Travel Survival Kit

Since my move to Michigan, I find myself on the road a lot more than I used to be.  It can be really difficult to stick to a healthy eating plan when you are traveling or eating out at restaurants a lot.  I decided to make a BFC Survial Kit to take with me when I am traveling.

Below is a list of some of the products that make it easier for me to stick to the plan when traveling or eating out.  I hope you enjoy them!

1.  Stevia Drops
     I got a trial size bottle of stevia drops that I carry around in my purse from Amazon (see below).  They are great in iced tea, coffee, or even some water with lemon. 
2. Fiber Powder (I got some peach flavored fiber supplement from Nature's Flavors)
   This fiber powder is sweetened with erythritol.  To make it, you just add a tablespoon to 8 ounces of water.  I will add some to my water when I have a meal that may not have as much fiber as I like.
3. Flavored Stevia Drops
  I use these in some plain seltzer water if I am thirsty for soda.  They also make great flavoring for alcoholic beverages.  A few drops added to a vodka and soda gives you a great sweet but healthy cocktail.
4. Just the Cheese Puffed Cheese Snacks
   These puffed cheese snacks are great when you are hungry for a crispy snack but do not want the added carbs.  You can get them in single serving bags that travel well (from Amazon).  See below.
5.  Instant Organic Oats with Just Blackberries
    You can make a really quick breakfast with some hot water, a little sweetener, and some Just Blackberries (see below).  Just Blackberries are dried berries that come in a cute little plastic container.  The whole container has 14 grams natural fruit sugars, but it only takes a few berries to add a delicious berry flavor to your oatmeal.  Since the berries are dried, you do not have to worry about them going bad before you use them all and can travel well. 
6.  BFC approved chocolate
    I love Green & Black's Dark 85% chocolate.  For 12 pieces (which is a lot), the S/C Value is 5/1.  However, I usually only eat a few pieces, as the chocolate flavor is so rich and delicious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment