Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicken Salsa Melt

Today for lunch, I made a quick and tasty english muffin sandwhich.  This would be a great workday meal if you have a toaster oven in your office kitchen.

I love the convenience of using canned chicken.  I use Valley Fresh brand 100% Natural White Chicken in water.  

Depending on which brands you use, the S/C Value of the open face sandwich is about 1/2.



Chicken Salsa Melt
serves 1
1/2  can of All Natural White Meat Chicken
2 heaping tablespoons of low sugar salsa (I use Green Mountain Gringo Salsa which has less than 1 gram per serving)
1/2 tbsp. Ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley Organic)
Shredded Cheese
Whole Wheat English Muffin  (I use Rudi's Organic brand)

Pre-toast the english muffin till lightly browned.  Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine salsa, chicken, and ranch dressing.  Spread the chicken mixture on the english muffins.   Top with cheese.
Bake in the toaster oven on 450 degrees for about 5 minutes (watch to make sure it doesn't burn, as toaster ovens cooking power varies).  Turn on the broiler and broil the muffins until the cheese is browned and bubbly. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment