Friday, January 8, 2010

New to Me: Nature's Flavor online food store

While searching the internet for some belly fat cure friendly, all natural sugar free foods, I stumbled across a wonderful website that sells a lot of really interesting and fun products.  I placed an order for a few items, and been having a great time experimenting in the kitchen.

The website is called Nature's Flavors and they have a great assortment of organic flavorings, xylitol syrups, and other wonderful products for baking and cooking.

I ordered the raspberry xylitol syrup, the all natural marshmallow flavoring, and the cookie dough flavoring. 

I have been using the raspberry syrup to make my own sugar free raspberry italian sodas.  It is delicious and I am addicted.  I have been adding a tiny bit to club soda, and it tastes better than any regular soda.  I think I may try adding a bit to my vanilla protein shakes.

I made some chocolate marshmallow ice cream last night, and it turned out deliciously.  I used 1/4 tsp of the marshmallow flavoring in place of the vanilla in the recipe.  The ice cream is delicious with a natural delicious marshmallow flavor.  I will post the complete recipe in another post.

I think adding a drop or two to a chocolate protein shake would also make a delicious chocolate marshmallow smoothie.

I think I may try making a Chocolate Chip Cookie dip with the cookie dough flavoring.  I thought about mixing some cream cheese, some stevia, a tiny bit of the flavoring, and some chocolate chips for a dip to serve with strawberries or maybe to spread on a whole wheat english muffin. 

Great all natural products like these are making my transition to sugar free a lot easier!  I have been looking at their site and have come up with some ideas for my next order!

No comments:

Post a Comment