Monday, February 8, 2010

New to Me: Trader Joe's In Shell Pumpkin Seeds

I have been sick for a little while and have not done much cooking.  However, I have to recommend a great BFC approved snack!

At Trader Joes's, you can find In Shell Roasted Pumpkin Seeds that actually taste like the pumpkin seeds that you make at Halloween after you carve your pumpkins.  They are not too salty and are still in the white shell.  They are delicious!

1/4 of a cup has only 4 grams of carbs and one gram of sugar! I am allergic to nuts, so they have really become a great substitute.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this information ,,,when we (Baltimore) get our selves dug out of a record snow,,, with more to come tomorrow and Wednesday I will get some, I only get to Trader Joes about every 4-6 weeks, it's not very close to our home.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen all the new So Delicious products? I got the Kefir today and will be searching for the Sugar Free (xylitol) ice cream bars too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the snow has finally ended for you, Linda!

    Amber- I have had the So Delicious coconut milk, but I have not tried anything else. The ice cream bars I saw were sweetened with agave! I will have to check the other stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link, it has ERYTHRITOL. Let me know if you find it!

    http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/so_delicious_vanilla_bar.html

    ReplyDelete