Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Information on My Blog's New Format

As some people know, I originally started this blog when I was following Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure.  Reading Jorge's book and following the plan really changed my life.  I never realized the terrible effects that sugar has on your body and had never realized the insane amount of sugar that I consumed.  Even following a "diabetic diet", I was used to counting carbs but never paid attention to how many of those carbs came from added sugars, corn syrup, and other things that are very damaging to your body.

While following the Belly Fat Cure, I lost some weight, kept my blood sugar levels under control, and felt better than I ever have.  While on the BFC, I learned so much about how sugar and carbohydrates effect your body and realized that there are so many ways to modify or substitute new foods for the foods you love in order to make them better for you.

I love reading about nutrition and health, and I have made a transition to a eating plan that makes more sense for me.  I combined things that I have learned from Jorge with some other nutritional principles that I have read in Dr. Roizen's and Dr. Oz's book "You on a Diet".  I  have been avoiding all refined sugars, switched to xylitol and stevia (and other all natural sugar substitutes), and try to balance the amount of carbs, fruit, and milk products that I eat. 

From now on, I will post recipes that fit the eating plan that I explain above, but will continue to post the nutritional information and S/C Values (for the Belly Fat Cure) when possible.  On occasion when I have a meal that is excellent but not exactly healthy,  I will post it as a "Splurge Recipes" and suggest ways to modify the recipe to make it fit better into a lower carb, low sugar eating plan.

I hope you enjoy the new format, and thanks for reading!  I have had the opportunity to talk to so many other people on the same journey for health and it has been very inspiring!

Candice

2 comments:

  1. I like the new format idea especially the "Splurge Recipes" ;-),,,Made me smile
    I'm going to the Vitalicious site as soon as I sign off.
    I'm glad you are keeping the blog,,, I love your foods, I think I told you I have a special note book Titled " Cooking with Candice"
    Linda from Balto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda!
    I am glad you are enjoying everything.

    ReplyDelete