Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New to Me: Sugar Free Banana Nut Vitamix

The other night, I made these muffins and they are amazing.  All that you need to do to get 12 very satisfying banana muffins is blend the package of mix, water, and two egg whites.

The muffins are sweetened with maltitol and Erythritol.  The mix comes in plain banana flavor, but the instructions tell you that you can top the muffins with nuts or chocolate chips.  There are no nuts in the actual mix and is safe for people like me who are allergic.

They are sweet, filling, and delicious.  I have been eating a muffin for breakfast and have been satisfied until lunch. My husband has been eating his after dinner as a healthy dessert.

Each muffin has 90 calories, 19 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, and no added sugar. One muffin would have an S/C Value of 0/1 on the Belly Fat Cure.

I really hope Vitamuffin comes out with some additional sugar free options!

3 comments:

  1. did you find these at WF also? I saw them in the BFC but havent tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually ordered two boxes off of their website when I was craving for bananas!

    http://www.vitalicious.com/store.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo.. thanks for the tip. I'm off to order some now!

    ReplyDelete