Monday, February 15, 2010

Baked Potato Eggs

Since I do not really like eggs, I am always looking for breakfast recipes that incorporate them in different ways that make them more acceptable for me to eat.
I got an email from Real Simple magazine a few weeks ago that contained a recipe for Baked Potato Eggs.
 

I made a few modifications.  I used cheddar cheese and used less of the potato mixture in each potato shell.  I also chopped up some blanched brocolli and added it to the potato mixture before I put it back in the oven.

The S/C Value for a potato as prepared by the Real Simple Recipe is 2/1.  Be sure to use medium size potatoes for this S/C Value.  You can save some additional carbs and add additional fiber by using less of the potato in each shell and adding broccoli. 

The recipe was very filling and satisfying.  Be sure to remove the potatoes from the oven right when the egg is set!

No comments:

Post a Comment