Thursday, December 3, 2009

Working Out- Lean, Long and Strong

So recently I started working out again.  Jorge says that working out is not necessary to losing weight, but I feel better when I am doing it.

I have to recommend a book that I used last year before my wedding.  I dropped the 15 lbs that I recently put back on by doing this workout and eating what I thought was more healthy.  Now I know the reason I could never get rid of the belly bulge was because of the sugar intake.  I would start out the morning with a fat free yogurt, fresh fruit, and some brown sugar.  There was more sugar in that meal than I have all day now!

The book is called Lean, Long, and Strong by Wini Linguvic. This woman is amazing, and really knows about fitness for women.  The strength training exercises can be done in 12 minutes once you get the hang of them, and they incorporate the moves with stretches that really create long, lean muscles.  You do 4 short workouts a week and they can be done at home with stability ball and light weights.  She also recommends doing 2-3 20 minute cardio sessions a week and explains how to get the most out of short cardio workouts. 

It really changed my body at the time.  I wish I would have kept up with it instead of going crazy and not working out after the wedding.  If I did, it would have gave me less work to do with Jorge!  I have been doing different exercise videos on demand because I like seeing the workout on a video, but since I got such quick and wonderful results from this book, I am going back to it.  The exercises are not terribly difficult, and the stretches really keep you from getting sore.  They are effective and make your body feel great.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment