Saturday, December 5, 2009

New to Me: Sugar Free Donut Holes!!!

At Whole Food's last night with my BFC friend Ruth, we discovered Nutrilicious Brand Sugar Free Glazed Donuts.  Yum!!

For an SC Value of 0/1, you can eat three of these delicious donuts holes.  Each hole has 6 carbs and 0 grams of sugar.  They are sweetened with maltitol.

I heated mine up for a 20 seconds in the microwave, and even my husband was impressed that they were sugar free.

I am eating mine with some coffee and 1 carb serving of Uncle Sam's cereal so I am sure to get my fiber!

4 comments:

  1. SO jealous you have a local BFC buddy! That is wonderful. Im going to WFs today and picking up the coconut milk, sugar cookie tea and looking for Natures Hallow. Thanks so much for your wonderful blog Candice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to the bfc - wouldn't three holes be 3 carbs? 6 carbs (5-20) = 1 carb serving

    Can you add them together and only count it as one serving? If so even better I would have counted it as 3 servings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way that people add up carbs for meals has been up for debate. Since Jorge totals up the carbs for his recipes, I generally do that too when I am having a meal that is made up of several items that have low carb values. I have noticed a lot of other people varying the way they count up foods, so it seems to be somewhat of a gray area.

    Since the holes are small, I count 3 of them as one carb serving (18 grams of carbs total).

    Good luck on the plan! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete