Thursday, December 3, 2009

Quick Raspberry Chocolate "Tiramisu"

I was craving something sweet and wanted to come up with a really low sugar, low carb dessert that would not cost me one of my carb servings for the day.

I became a big fan of mascarpone cheese since the first time I had tiramisu.  This is inspired by a real tiramisu, minus the ladyfingers and coffee.  This recipe is for one serving, but could easily be doubled if you need a dessert for two or more.

The dessert has an S/C Value of 1/0 (only 3 grams of carbs) with 1 gram of fiber.  The creamy marscapone cheese and raspberries were enough sweet yumminess to make a satisfying dessert.





Raspberry-Chocolate Tiramisu
Serves 1

2 Tbsp. mascarpone cheese (this is similar to cream cheese and can be found in the gourmet cheese section of many grocery stores.  I actually got this at Meier today.)
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch of stevia (I use NuNaturals brand)
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
10 fresh raspberries
sprinkle of cocoa powder

Combine the cheese, vanilla, cream, and stevia and stir quickly until combined.    Scoop onto a dessert plate or bowl, and position raspberries around the cream, as desired.  Sprinkle with cocoa powder.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Im definitely going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night ummmm good.
    I never bought this cheese before,
    Thanks for all the good recipes
    Linda

    ReplyDelete