Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New to Me: Garden of Eatin' Multi Grain Tortilla Chips

I love chips and salsa, dips, and guacamole.  I basically love tortilla chips plain too. 

Garden of Eatin' takes delicious tortilla chips and makes them a healthier by adding flax seeds and 7 organic grains.

They are delicious!  They come in Sea Salt Multi Grain and Everything Multi Grain varieties. 

The Sea Salt version has 140 calories and 19 grams of carbohydrates with 3 grams of fiber per serving!  The S/C Value for one serving is 1/1.

I have been eating them with salsa and have been topping a serving with some low fat cheese and microwaving them for 20 seconds to make some quick and delicious cheese nachos.

To me, they seem more satisfying than regular corn chips, and I am able to stop at one serving.  Maybe it is the added blend of cracked wheat, steel-cut oats, barley, buckwheat, and millet.  Despite all the added goodness, they taste delicious.  I don't see myself buying regular chips again!
 

2 comments:

  1. Just tried them! They are really good. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like them! I used them in a mexican casserole last and they turned out really good!

    ReplyDelete